If you’re looking for some new horsepower to put behind your quality assurance/control, forensic, or failure analysis the newest iteration in the DVM series is here.
Swapping out objectives and tilting the microscope can all be done with one hand while it stays in focus. Also, PlanApo corrected lenses along with the 10 megapixel camera and convenient lighting options provide a crisp, clean image on screen. All of this at more than 30 frames per second.
Thanks to the encoding on the DVM6 your results are reproducible. The illumination, position, magnification, etc. are saved for every image since all of the instrument components are sensor controlled.
This works in tandem with the LAS X software. With it you can use Live Image with High Dynamic Range to instantly see every detail. There are options to create single shots, stitch together larger ones, measure in 2D and 3D, and annotate. LAS X helps any user create reliable, accurate data.
Here is the feature list for the DVM6 straight from Leica:
- Manual or motorized versions
- All system components encoded – also for the manual version
- Motorized versions are hybrid and can be operated manually as well for fast coarse positioning
- Zoom module with 16:1 zoom range
- Integrated 10-megapixel high-resolution camera
- PlanApo-corrected Leica optics with long working distance
- Motorized and software-controlled Iris diaphragm
- Integrated ring light and coaxial LED illumination
- Snap-on adapters for ring light contrasting (polarizer, diffusor, low angle illumination)
- Backlight illumination for translucent samples
- Tilting stand for one-handed operation, tilting from -60° to +60°
- Focus drive with a travel range of 60 mm
- XY stage with a travel range of 70 mm x 50 mm
- Autofocus with two options: one shot on region of interest, or continuous autofocus
- LAS X software